Friday, January 18, 2019

I am determined teacher!



Day 12 (Friday, January 18, 2019)


Hallway: Looking for the Grade XII classroom

       Friday is my free day but I am determined to go to school and do some class observations. Bu Nini told me yesterday that I can take a rest and just attend the school on Monday. I still pursued to go to school so I can learn some things from observing the class and the school environment. I went to school early and found my co-interns in the Piket area. Bu Nini has classes in Grade XII students and luckily she allowed me to go in to do my observation. Just like Bu Nini’s normal routine, she started the class with a prayer then greetings. They didn’t review the previous lesson because the new lesson is not the continuing topic of the previous one. When Bu Nini introduced the topic, she didn’t do some motivational activities that would pique the student’s interests. Grade XII students were very silent and they were passively seated in their seats throughout the discussion. My cooperating teacher used the lecture type of teaching method where most of the time she was the one who’s discussing the concepts. At the end of the class, she told me that she dominated the class discussion because they are rushing to finish the chapter’s lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment